Things I've Learned in My Early Twenties

As some of you may know my birthday was last Friday,  and was truly one of the most special weekends I've ever had (David and I went to...

As some of you may know my birthday was last Friday,  and was truly one of the most special weekends I've ever had (David and I went to Florida for 3 days and everything about it was great!). Last year was a great year for me full of new experiences, amazing memories and (hopefully) quite a few lessons learned; with any luck, this year will be the same. A few days ago I shared 20 Things You Should Do in Your 20s, but I also wanted to share some things that I know to be true today based on my experiences so far:


“Whoever said money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” – Blair Waldorf. The truth is that some kind of happiness can be bought; go ahead and treat yourself!

Stay in touch with your family, they love and support you unconditionally (and actually, they're crazy cool); keep them close and show them how much they mean to you.

Don’t do anything to please anyone but you. So if you really don’t want to go somewhere or do something, don’t.

Things are never as bad as you think they are so don’t worry (and don’t freak out) about things that won’t matter in a year from now. Seriously.

Not everyone will get you and that’s perfectly fine; you don’t need everyone to like you. Be the kind of person you would admire and you would like to be friends with.

Don’t let anything stop you from doing what you love; find your passion in life because dreams really do come true if you work hard. But if you haven’t found it yet, don’t panic, keep looking.

Keep your standards high; get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.

On the same note: surround yourself with honest, positive, genuine and inspiring people. They will make your days and memories a lot better.

Sometimes life will kick you in the butt (it happens, to literally everyone), but life is too short to be sad; cry a little, learn your lessons and move on.

Be grateful. Always. Take some time to think of all the wonderful things in your life; even if it’s just that dirty soy chai you had this morning, Springtime or your favorite show on Netflix.

photo

What are some things that you've learned so far?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. love this list and Happy late Birthday! One I've learned is never compromise your happiness for someone else's happiness- if you don't make yourself happy no one else will!

    xx Sam | The Heart of the House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Samantha! & yes, that's a crucial lesson to learn. Make your own happiness!
      thanks for stopping by 😊.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this, hope you had a lovely bday!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete