Favorite Looks from the Oscars

Hollywood's most beautiful night was celebrated last night and like everybody, I was watching the Oscars and live tweeting all my emoti...

Hollywood's most beautiful night was celebrated last night and like everybody, I was watching the Oscars and live tweeting all my emotions.

Room was definitely one of my top favorite movies so I was pretty happy with Brie Larson wining best actress – I actually screamed "YES!" and then realized it was past 11pm, oops... Also, Alicia Vikander won best supporting actress and that made me really happy because her role in The Danish Girl was nothing but beautiful. Leo finally got his Oscar and even though The Revenant is not my kind of movie and I didn't love it, his performance was flawless so I think he deserved to win – for this and all the other times he didn't. On the sad side, Brooklyn was sort of a disappointed because I truly loved the movie a lot and was expecting for it to win something and it didn't. But I guess that being as young as she is, Saoirse Ronan has many opportunities to win in her brilliant future.
Regarding the best picture award, I think Spotlight deserved it; I loved the movie and the investigation in general and I think it's extremely important that these kind of movies are awarded and spoken of. Maybe it didn't have the best visual effects like Mad Max or the best photography like The Revenant. But it did have something that is way more important than that, a meaning and a soul. It's a winning for Spotlight, but somehow, it's also a winning for investigative journalism and a calling so we don't forget assaults and never stop denouncing such crime.

The highlight of my night was Jacob Tremblay (Room) because he is just so incredibly cute (and so is the affection he and Brie Larson seem to share)! Seriously, give him all the kid's roles now on... But as always, my absolute favorite part of the Academy Awards (or any award show, actually) was the red carpet. Oh my God, what a show! So many gorgeous women wearing the most beautiful dresses you could ever dream about. & these are my favorites:

Margot Robbie in Tom Ford || Emily Blunt in Prada || Chrissy Teigen in Marchesa || Charlize Theron in Dior || Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney

Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton || Sophie Turner in Galvan for Opening Ceremony + Swarovski || Daisy Ridley in Chanel || Kate Blanchett in Armani || Rachel McAdams in August Getty

Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein || Brie Larson in Gucci || SofĂ­a Vergara in Marchesa || Naomi Watts in Armani || Tina Fey in Versace

Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen || Jennifer Lawrence in Dior || Charlotte Riley in Gauri & Nainika || Julianne Moore in Chanel || Jennifer Garner in Versace

Maria Menounos in Christian Siriano || Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad || Rooney Mara in Givenchy || Olivia Wilde in Valentino || Lady GaGa in Brandon Maxwell

Marchesa was the winner of the red carpet, with over 5 beautiful dresses, including one of my top favorite looks of the night: future mommy Chrissy Teigen. Also expecting, Eddie Redmayne's wife Hannah Bagshawe and Emily Blunt, both looked nothing but stunning, mastering the baby-bump look. Also on my top: Charlize Theron, Brie Larson and definitely Saoirse Ronan (she was kind of twinning her CK with Selena Gomez in the Grammy Awards, wasn't she?).

What was your favorite part of the Oscars? & more important, which was your favorite dress?

You Might Also Like

0 comments