Birchbox February 2016 Review

Birchbox  has this cool thing where at the end of every month, they ask you if (out of the options they give you) you want to choose one ...

Birchbox has this cool thing where at the end of every month, they ask you if (out of the options they give you) you want to choose one product that you definitely want to get the following month. I usually never pick and leave it all to the surprise factor, but last month after trying Whish body butter (and loving it), I really wanted to try their cleansing oil, too. So, ever since this happened, I've been really looking forward to open my February box and it finally arrived last Sunday – which is weird since Birchbox always ships within the first week of the month. 


But anyway, how cute is this month's Birchbox design? Very feminine and modern in salmon and gold, and the minimalistic beauty doodles are  nothing but perfection. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my February box. The products were perfectly balanced (2 skincare, 1 haircare, 1 makeup and 1 nail polish) and worth about $33, which is great since Birchbox is only $10 a month.






Whish - Revitalizing Cleansing Oil | full size $30: So this is the product I chose to have in my box this month, and now I'm so glad I did it! Another Whish granted! This cleansing oil isn't like anything I've tried before. The formula is gel-like with a delicious scent, goes smooth on your skin leaving your face completely clean and fully moisturized; it's like everything your face needs after a long day, in just one product. Also, bonus points for being paraben free, sulfate free, DEA & TEA free, petrochemical free, phthalate free, not tested on animals and made with organic ingredients (like all Whish products).




ARROW - BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm | full size $14: I wasn't so excited about getting a lip balm because aside from all the lip balms Birchbox and Glossybox send, I have a huge Baby Lips collection; however what it's unique (and I like) about this lip balm is that instead of having any pinkish/redish pigment, it actually enhances the natural color of your lips, leaving them very moisturized at the same time. Perfect for that no-makeup makeup look! Check out all Birchbox brand ARROW products here (they're paraben free, vegan and cruelty free).


Color Club - Mini Polish (That's My Jam) | full size $8.5: Another vegan and 100% cruelty-free product; I got my first Color Club nail polish from Glossybox a few months ago. I like it, but I'm not the best judge for nail polish since my nails simply don't hold on to it (for me is gel polish or nothing). I liked the color, it's a very beautiful dark raspberry shade; I liked how it applies very smoothly and covers so much with a single coat, and I loved how quickly it dries. However and sadly as expected, it did chip fairly quickly.


Obliphica Professional - Seaberry Serum (Medium to Coarse) | full size $38: I've been using Moroccanoil for about 3 years now and I love it. But, if I had to change it for another product, it would definitely be this seaberry serum. It smells delicious, makes your hair smooth, soft and well kept in general (even my I-haven't-had-a-haircut-in-6-months hair), it's very lightweight and doesn't make your hair oily. Check also the Seaberry Serum for Fine to Medium hair.


Not Soap, Radio - Body Wash (Liquid Freud) | full size $16: "With a snarky sense of humor and a seriously delicious scent" this is all I want from a body wash. Aromatherapeutic formula and a  coconut milk with a splash of mango scent infused with St. John’s Wort (a natural anti-depressant) for an immediate mood lift. My favorite part is probably the instructions in the back of the bottle that read "Forget singing in the shower, try a little talk. For each of your “issues” ask yourself: How do I feel about that? Why do I think I acted that way? What do I want from this situation? What can I do to change it? At the end of the hour, emerge from the water clear-headed, sure and focused.". I'm absolutely hooked with this product and the best part is that all of the Not Soap, Radio formulas are free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates and are never tested on animals; check the other Original Bubbles scents here.

What's your favorite nail polish shade for the early Spring?

You Might Also Like

0 comments