Birchbox January 2016 Review

One of the most exciting parts of my month is receiving my beauty boxes. 1) Because I love makeup, lotions, nail-polishes and all beauty pr...

One of the most exciting parts of my month is receiving my beauty boxes. 1) Because I love makeup, lotions, nail-polishes and all beauty products in general. 2) Because for me it's very exciting to open a little box full of surprises (no I don't get spoilers on the products I'm going to get). And 3) because it's just great to get the chance to discover all the amazing new (or not so new) brands and products out there.


I love this month Birchbox design, very girl-power and "New Years" oriented; and those cute and positive stickers they included to give us all some inspiration for the beginning of the year were one of my favorite parts of this concept. In general, I'm pretty happy with the contents of my January box. It was well balanced (2 makeup products, 2 skincare products, 1 fragrance) with products I actually like and worth about $44, which is great value because Birchbox is only $10 a month.




Make - Skin Illuminator | full size $34: I don't have a lot of experience with creme illuminators since I've only used powder ones before. However, this one was a nice discovery. I love its creamy and light texture and the fact that it's very easy to apply. Also, bonus points for being vegan, paraben-free, hypoallergenic, cruelty-free and not tested on animals. And even though I don't think I'll be using it during the day since it's a little way too glittery for my taste (I like to keep it "simple" in the morning), I think it's perfect for the evening. Birchbox has more shades available.


0.2 Meet Your Destiny - Eau de Parfum | full size $120: I need to change my settings on Birchbox because I don't want to get this perfume sample vials. Unless it's something I already know and love, it usually goes to waste since I hardly ever open them. This one in particular didn't impress me (no surprise because I'm a little bit picky with my perfumes), it's a very strong scent, a little bit citrus but not really clean and fresh. It's not bad, but for me it smells kind of old lady-ish.


Cargo - Swimmables Shadow Stick (Sun Kissed) | full size trio $22: This was one of my favorite product in this month Birchbox! I'm in love with the gold/broze color (because, who doesn't love gold eyeshadow?) and the fact that it actually stays on all day and it doesn't smudge, crease or fade is just wonderful. It's very easy to use as it goes on your eyelid very smoothly and you can blend it (quick!) with your fingertips or sponge before it sets.



Whish - Three Wishes Body Butter (Lavender) | full size $24: This body butter is everything I've been looking for this winter. Even though it's very lightweight, it deeply moisturizes and soften your skin without being greasy and it absorbs very quickly. Also, it comes in 10 different scents (even a plain one) so you can find the perfect one for you. This product (and all Whish products) is as well paraben free, sulfate free, DEA & TEA free, petrochemical free, phthalate free, not tested on animals and made with organic ingredients.  


Vasanti - BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator | full size $34: I washed my face with this product right before writing this review. For someone who gets 10 products each month from beauty box subscriptions, I think I've tried quite a few exfoliating cleansers by now (cleansers seem to be the most popular item – right after eyeliners, of course) Vasanti's BrightenUp! is my favorite so far. With just one try it made my skin look and feel better, brighter and softer. My favorite part is that you can actually feel it working on your face when you're applying it; no more wondering if it'll work when you're washing your face, it definitely does!

What is one product that you're really looking forward to try this winter?


You Might Also Like

0 comments